Dear Display Applicant,
We are very excited to be celebrating the 41st annual Powell Street Festival on Saturday, August 5 and Sunday, August 6, 2017!
If you are interested in participating in the 2017 festival by setting up a display, please fill out the following form and return it to us by Friday, March 10, 2017. If you submitted an application last year, please log in to your account and your content will appear in each field. However, it is important that you review and update each answer because the questions may have changed.
Please note the following:
- Each display table MUST remain open from 11:30 am (at the latest) until 6:00pm on Saturday, August 5 and Sunday, August 6. Please note that the Festival begins at 11:30 am.
- The Powell Street Festival Society will provide a minimum of one table and two chairs.
- Please bring your own table coverings and display boards as the Festival is unable to provide you with such equipment.
- As a display participant, you are not permitted to sell merchandise or accept donations.
- All items for display must be related to Japanese Canadian culture.
- Setup for your display takes place on Friday, August 4 from 2:00–7:00 pm, or at 9:00 am on Saturday. Clean-up begins at 6:00 pm on Sunday, August 6.
- If you are interested in selling any of your items, please apply with a Marketplace application.
- All accepted display booth applicants are required to give notification by Friday, July 21, 2017 should they required to withdraw from the Festival.
By signing your application form, you agree to the above guidelines.
If you are interested in participating in the festival, please fill out the form and return it to us by Friday, March 10, 2017. We do our best to accommodate as many groups as possible, but please note that a completed application does not guarantee acceptance to the Festival. We will contact you in the coming months to confirm whether or not you have been accepted.
To help with the costs of presenting the Display Booth, organizations can sell PSFS lottery tickets and receive a 20% commission.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at 604 739 9398. Your support of the Powell Street Festival is greatly appreciated!