Dear Marketplace Applicant,
We are very excited to be celebrating the 41st annual Powell Street Festival on Saturday, August 5 and Sunday, August 6, 2017!
If you are interested in participating in the festival as a marketplace vendor, please fill out the following form and return it to us by Friday, March 10, 2017. If you submitted an application last year, please log in to your account and your content will appear in each field. However, it is important that you review and update each answer because the questions may have changed.
All applicants must supply us with 3 images of items that you intend to sell. Please upload images in JPEG format in your online submission. Please itemize your images, and include a list of approximate price value for each work listed.
All applicants must send a $50 deposit by March 10, 2017 (by cheque or e-transfer). This will be used as a down payment toward your commission fee or as a penalty should you withdraw from the festival without proper notice. Further explanation is included below.
Please note the following:
- Each booth MUST remain open from 11:30 am (at the latest) until 6:00pm on Saturday, August 5 and from 11:30 am until 6:00pm on Sunday, August 6. Please note that the Festival opens at 11:30 am. Closing times will be confirmed in your participant package.
- The Festival will provide one table and two chairs to each vendor. You may rent chairs and tables for an additional fee.
- The Festival will not supply electricity to marketplace booths.
- The Festival cannot guarantee you a specific booth location.
- The Festival will supply a loading pass only to use for unloading your vehicle during Festival hours. If you abuse your loading pass and stay longer than the permitted time, please note that your car will be towed.
- A commission equal to 20% of gross sales (less your $50 deposit) will be paid to the Powell Street Festival Society by the deadline of Thursday, August 10, 2017. All items for display and sales must be related to Japanese Canadian culture.
- It is mandatory that each booth supply at least one volunteer for set-up day on Friday, August 4th – the Volunteer Coordinator will be contacting you to confirm your volunteer schedule.
- If you wish to share your booth with another artist(s), she/he must apply and be accepted individually for a booth (you are not permitted to share with someone who has not applied on her/his own).
- The Festival has a no-conflict policy which means that we will not permit vendors to sell duplicate items. This is decided on a case-by-case basis, but please detail your items carefully to enable us to determine if there are any duplications.
- No shows without prior notification by Friday, July 21, 2017 will be automatically disqualified from applying in the future, unless there is medical or other emergency reason.
- The Powell Street Festival has the authority to ban the sale or give-away of any objects or materials that is deemed unsuitable for distribution, i.e. religious materials, political propaganda, or material that is sexually graphic in nature.
- If you intend to sell any food items, please contact PSFS and request a Food Booth application instead.
- Please limit the use of packaging for all products, in order to comply with our Zero Waste Policy program, and limit the production of waste at our Festival.
- Please note that all applications require a $50 deposit to hold your place at the Powell Street Festival Society. If you are not selected for the Festival, your $50 deposit will be reimbursed. If you are selected and do participate at the Festival, your $50 deposit will be deducted from your commission fee. If you fail to give us 2 weeks notification of withdrawal from the Festival (by Friday, July 21, 2017), or fail to participate at the Festival, or damage PSFS tents or other property, your deposit will not be refunded or deducted from your commission fee.
By signing your application form, you agree to the above guidelines.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at 604.739.9388. The Marketplace coordinator or our Production Coordinator will contact all confirmed participants, in June 2017. Submitting an application does not confirm participation. Please note that we are no longer accepting faxed or mailed applications.